Warfleigh.net

The News, Talk, Sights and Sounds of the Warfleigh Neighborhood

I just wanted to report that my house at 6452 Broadway was burglarized sometime between 2:30pm and 7:45pm on Wednesday, June 9.  Officer O'Connor, who regularly patrols our neighborhood, told me that he responded to a call earlier in the day about 2 African American male youths, one on foot and one on a bicycle, engaging in suspicious activity in the area of 61st & Central.  He and another officer combed the entire neighborhood and never found them.  Based on the method of break-in at my home, he feels that they are probably the same people.  They took jewelry, cash and, strangely enough, my passport. 

I would suggest everyone be on the lookout so that they do not becomes victims as well.

And if anyone sees anything at all suspicious, any information that they might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lynn Levy

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lynn-

I'm so sorry to hear this. As you know this happened to me twice in the last 18 months. It is so important that we all look out for each other. I know the neighbors in the 61st and Gladden area have called the police when they have seen suspicious activity and it has proven to be helpful. Please let me know what I can do to help you.

Julie
I remember you telling me about your experiences. I agree that the watchful eye of neighbors is our best defense. Of course, the neighbors can't do much if they're not home and it would appear that neither of mine were when it happened. Any advice you have about the procedure you followed after your break-ins would be greatly appreciated. I called the police, insurance company, passport office and locksmith. I think an alarm company will be the next step.

Thanks Julie - I hope all is well in your world,
Lynn
Lynn,

I'm just now picking up yesterday's messages. I'm very sorry to learn this news. Your feelings must be all over the place -- from shocked, to violated, to angry, to scared.

I appreciate the comments left by others. The common themes are that we all need to look out for one another and that we all need to notify IMPD whenever some person in the neighborhood or some activity going on does not seem quite right. If it's happening right now, call 911, and let the police determine if the persons or activity in question are legitimate.

Hope you are able to recover from this unfortunate event. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

~ Sharon
Yes indeed the emotions are truly a mixed bag. And now frustration is added to the list as I can't seem to get anyone's attention at IMPD. I know this is not a serious crime but it matters to me. I want to try to retrieve what I lost, no matter how hopeless that may be, plus I want to do whatever I can to try to prevent this from happening to someone else. The detective assigned to my case has not returned my calls, the receptionist at the Roll Call station will not take down any additional information and I can't stay home waiting for the patrol officer, Mike O'Connor to make his rounds so I can share it with him. I feel like time is slipping away in terms of nipping all of this in the bud but what can I do? Maybe this is meant to be a good distraction.

One thing I will say is how comforting everyone's kind words have been. It's a testament to what a great neighborhood we live in. Thanks so much for adding your name to that list.

Lynn
Lynn,
I am fellow Warfleigh resident, who also works in the Burglary Enforcement Strategy Team for the Prosecutor's Office. If you give me a call at 327-5333, I can try and get a hold of the detective to get a status updated.

Daphne
Hi Daphne -

I finally got a call back on Saturday afternoon. It seems my detective was on vacation. But you still might feel there's some assistance you can provide which would, of course, be greatfully appreciated so I'll give you a call on Tuesday.

Thanks so much,
Lynn

RSS

© 2020   Created by Warfleigh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service